Saturday, February 8, 2014

Olympics!

Hey y'all!

I love the Olympics! This time is my favorite time period ever! The fandom mixed with the hot athletes mixed with excitement it is ahhh!
So Sochi opening ceremony aired last night, it was definitely original and I felt so bad for Russia when the fifth circle failed right at the beginning. I would have cried if I was the engineer behind that.
I heard that Russia wanted to make the Ceremony like China's from six years ago. To an extent, I think that they did but I personally liked London's the best. London kept my attention with all of the performances (plus I could understand them) but I do like the technology that Russia brought to the table. The Olympic God lights where really pretty.
The Olympics are where I feel like athletes get their full recognition for what they do. I don't pay attention to who wins what any other time then these moments (Olympics). I know I am not the only other one to do this either. At the Olympics, they get to be with other people who risk life, time and hundreds of dollars. They do this and push them selves for this event where they get full recognition and to walk into the Opening Ceremony and stand there for their country and prove their worth. These medals are like a symbol saying "Hey I didn't waste my time!" "You all who said I couldn't do it were wrong!"
People like him who are the only ones from their country bring so much pride and deserve so much more. He is from Bermuda and there are others who are the only ones from their country or the first one to send their country to the winter Olympics. They make me proud. They have been dealt the most crap probably in their lives and they pushed through to get to that ceremony and hold the flag for their country.
 This guy, Antonio Pardo, made me smile so much last night. He did what I would probably do if I was a lone athlete. He danced, jumped and ran with the flag. He is from Venezuela, a Alpine skier and a survivor. He had a brain tumor about 35 years ago. The surgery pluralized half of his body but he has since been able to recover completely and ready to represent his country. He is an inspiration with his saying "do it because you love it" and clearly he loves his country, life and skiing.
This is what the Olympics are about: love. Love for a sport. Love for your country. Love for life. Love for the world and what it brings us.

I hope y'all enjoy life.
Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment