Saturday, January 11, 2014

Gift for All

Hey y'all!
Less than 2 weeks ago, it became 2014. With a new year, new adventures and as many believes a fresh start comes as well. I do not fully believe that a new year brings a new start but if it helps one to better them self to believe that then okay.
Today one of my friends is celebrating his birthday so in my mind (which many of my friends do not want to enter) I thought why not have my first non-introductory post be about presents since the new year entails everyone having a birthday. For me when I select presents for people it has to be three things:
1. Unique meaning something different than what everyone else is going to get them whether it is a strange print on a gift card or wrapped strangely which is one of my favorite things to do
2. Functional because I do not want to give something that is going to be sitting on a shelf requiring them to dust it every couple weeks. During Christmas, I gave people things like hot chocolate and shampoo even a lint roller because I knew they would use it.
3. Personalized just for the receiver. I want them to look at the gift or gift wrapping knowing that it is just for them.
One of my favorite gifts that I gave my best friend for her 16th birthday was a tumbler that had blue stripes and dots. I then had her initial monogrammed onto it. I then filled it with jelly beans because I call her Jilliebean and she loves sugar.
Here is what I have done for my friend's birthday that we are celebrating today. I suck at knowing what to get guys so I tend to drift towards gift cards for them which I know has statistics saying that they don't get spent but oh well! To personalize and make it unique, I wrote the little poem about it for him while drawing on the envelope the guy about to jump out of the plane which is what he wants to do for a career.




I hope this helps at least one of y'all to pick out a gift for someone!
Love y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment