Saturday, March 1, 2014

What songs mean?

Hey y'all!
 
Have you ever wondered what songs mean? Here is what I thing 2 top songs mean.
Number 1: Happy by Pharrell Williams.
Verse 1: It might seem crazy what I’m about to say. Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break. I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way.

-So what I get from this is: he thinks that he is perceived as crazy for being in love with a girl that he thinks is as pretty as sunshine. He does not care about where he goes in a hot air balloon which technically speaking can never take you to space because the atmosphere will kill you and the balloon. 
Chorus: Because I’m happy. Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof. Because I’m happy. Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth; Because I’m happy. Clap along if you know what happiness is to you; Because I’m happy. Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do.
-If you're happy and you know, it clap your hands! He has no limits to height or happiness or clapping. This one section is sung 6 times! 
Rest of the song: Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah. Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold back, yeah. Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah. No offense to you, don’t waste your time. Here’s why (chorus). Hey come on. Bring me down. Can't nothing bring me down. My level's too high. Bring me down. Can't nothing bring me down, I said. Bring me down. Can't nothing bring me down. My level's too high. Bring me down. Can't nothing bring me down, I said (chorus twice). Hey come on. Bring me down… can’t nothing… Bring me down… my level's too high… Bring me down… can’t nothing… Bring me down, I said (chorus). Come on.
-Literally, he is so happy that nothing said can deplete his levels of happiness. Is the girl his happiness? Or is "she" happiness? What do y'all think? This song is mostly repetition. It is also number one on iTunes right now. Really. 
Number 2: Dark Horse by Katy Perry (ft Juicy J) 
Part 1: (talking and introduction) I knew you were. You were gonna come to me and here you are but you better choose carefully ‘cause I, I’m capable of anything, of anything and everything. Make me your Aphrodite, make me your one and only, but don’t make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy.
-Its basically a warning to whomever at this part. "Chose carefully" then it goes on to say that it is whomever's choice of how she is to them. It is like in life when we say I can be a friend or an enemy but in a song. Never realized it.
Chorus and Part 2:  "So you wanna play with magic, boy, you should know what you're falling for baby do you dare to do this? Cause I’m coming at you like a dark horse, are you ready for, ready for a perfect storm, perfect storm cause once you’re mine, once you’re mine there’s no going back." Mark my words; this love will make you levitate like a bird, like a bird without a cage. But down to earth, if you choose to walk away, don’t walk away.
-She furthers the warning. I am getting a vibe that if you dare hurt me I will hurt you in a much more physical manner. Or she is gonna lock him in her basement and throw away the key. It's debatable. 
Part 3 and Chorus: It’s in the palm of your hand now baby. It’s a yes or no, no maybe, so just be sure before you give it all to me, all to me, give it all to me. "So you wanna play... There’s no going back"
-It is the guys choice as to what happens now. She wants him to think before he acts like in a chess game. Then the message is reassured that it is basically life or death decision with no in between. It is very causal.
Final bit: Uh, she’s a beast. I call her Karma. She eats your heart out like Jeffrey Dahmer. Be careful, try not to lead her on shorty’s heart is on steroids cause her love is so strong. You may fall in love when you meet her. If you get the chance you better keep her, she's sweet as pie but if you break her heart, she'll turn cold as a freezer. That fairy tale ending with a knight in shining armor, she can be my Sleeping Beauty. I’m gon’ put her in a coma. Woo! Damn I think I love her.Shorty so bad, I’m sprung and I don’t care. She ride me like a roller coaster. Turned the bedroom into a fair. Her love is like a drug. I was tryna hit it and quit it, but lil' mama so dope. I messed around and got addicted. (Chorus)
-Well things got serious now. Juicy J has summed this song up to being about karma. You hurt the girl, she hurt you. I think the lyric about she is a sweetie pie until you hurt her is quite accurate for all girls. That is how we are. We hold grudges, constantly seek revenge and will cut you if you remotely hurt us. This song is what I have now discovered to be a message about that for all boys. It is Katy Perry's PSA to all boys. I love it.  
So today, I have learned that Pharrell Williams is happy. Katy Perry wants to protect all from broken hearts. The world is spinning with people clapping as dark horses roam the world. Let me know if you want more of these.
Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment